Vídeos

Investir em Elvas

World Heritage

Eurocity Badajoz-Elvas

Intangible Cultural Her.

Events

Fri Oct 06, 2017 | horas: 21:30 - 11:00PM
Cinema em outubro
Sat Oct 07, 2017 | horas: 21:30 - 11:00PM
Mês da Música no Cine-Teatro Municipal
Fri Oct 13, 2017 | horas: 09:00 - 11:00PM
Festival de Desenho do Alentejo - Traço 17
Sat Oct 14, 2017 | horas: 17:00 - 06:00PM
Exposição "Luz-Noivado" no Museu de Fotografia
Sat Oct 21, 2017 | horas: 21:30 - 11:00PM
Concerto Ana Moura no Coliseu de Elvas

ver mais [+]

Information Area

phoneSupport:
800 207 969

Files-Upload-File-iconSugestions:
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

PHARMACIES SERVICE

Plano Adopção de Animais

2as Jornadas PCI


History of the Building

The MACE is housed in a building of great significance to the city. Since mid-eighteenth century, it served as Hospital and Headquarter of the Misericórdia of Elvas, undergoing constant modernizing expansions and adaptations, which kept it running until 1993. The original building (which would have been designed by the architect José Francisco de Abreu) is remarkable in the context of national architecture, revealing a great functionality regarding the creation of its hospital wards, treatment rooms and excellent quality concerning decoration. It is important to emphasize, on the frontage, the marble portal from the stonemason Gregório das Neves, ordered in 1742, whose design reveals features of the late rocaille baroque or Rococo of King D. João V. The spaces are distributed from a large marble forecourt, defined by a monumental staircase of baroque inspiration. On the superior floor, there is the Consistório Room, with a marble altar and a rich set of blue and white ceramic titles, dated probably from 1740, by the drawing of its frames, which reveal the character of the late baroque and the rocaille inspiration.  They are figurative and historical panels which represent Scenes of the Life of Santa Isabel, with explicit references to the birth of her son, São João Baptista, and the Virgin. Between 2003 and 2005, the building housed temporarily the municipal services of the city. Bought in 2002 by the Municipality, with the purpose to transform it into a museum centre, it was adapted by a multidisciplinary team constituted by the architect Pedro Reis and the designers Filipe Alarcão and Henrique Cayatte. 

FaLang translation system by Faboba

   
  

© 2012 Município de Elvas All Rights Reserved
ブランドコピー スーパーコピーブランド コピーブランド ブランドバッグコピー ブランドコピー時計 ブランドコピー財布